Wednesday, March 5, 2003

You gotta try out the new skis this year

It is so good up here. Absolutely beautiful, warm weather, blazing blue skies and LOTS of snow. I can't find words to communicate how beautiful it is here. Every time I go skiing I am amazed at the views we have. They are some of the best of any ski area I've been in. Seriously and I don't even have stock in the ski area - really.

My big suggestion, no matter where you are skiing - you gotta try out the new skis this year. WOW. If you are skiing on old gear, break down and demo a pair of the new short skis. They are remarkable. My old skis were a pair of Rossi Viper 99s that I never was really crazy about - I had been on the Viper X before and LOVED that ski. Anyway - I broke down this year to buy a new pair and got the Rossi Saphir VS in 40 legnth. 40!!!! When I stand by them they come up to my nose. The director of the ski school (who obviously knows here stuff) picked them out for me and I had to ask two other people in the store if this was REALLY my length. My old skis were 77s. Well - let me tell you - these ROCK!!! I go much faster than I dared with my old skis because these are so solid. The bumps are fast and easy.

So - at least demo a pair. They're amazing. Also - for those friends of yours who tried skiing once and it was too hard - get them out on a pair of these. They ski for you.

And one more piece of advice - get a helmet when you get those skis. Cause you're going to go much faster, you'll need the helmet.

Have fun out there.

No comments: