Thursday, October 3, 2002

Today, Telluride is the most beautiful I have ever seen. Now isn't that a bold statement? All day I have been looking up and being reshocked. My camera won't catch this, so I've got to try and describe it to you.

A new snow has lightly iced each evergreen. As you look up, the hills are a wash of icy white tipped pine trees looking like a black and white photograph but the aspens are showing vibrant shades of green and gold. Its still stormy - so it's mainly shades of gray except for the vibrant aspens which are electified in this light - almost neon.

It looks like someone has painted colors on a black and white photograh. It doesn't look real and I keep looking at it trying to figure out the illusion.. Because of the storm, the light changes 10 times an hour so the vision moves as if watching a slide show. Every moment its a bit different than the moment before. I hope someone with a great camera was out there. Cause this was the day. It was magical. Yep... thats what the mountains do.

No comments: